A new exciting Instagram category in association with Jessops introduced for 2019!
Entries are open to ages 13-18 with an Instagram account. Whether it's a photo of your pet, wildlife or farm animals, we want to see your best animal photography!
We can't wait to see your animal images! We want your winning photos to show animals that are as happy, healthy and safe as they can be, so please take a look at our handy competition guidelines and photo tips before sharing them. We love all animals so your photos can be of pets, wild animals or farm animals.
In the photo, the animal should be:
- Happy and relaxed
- Performing natural behaviour
- Comfortable if and when interacting with people and other animals
- Looking healthy
- In a safe and suitable environment.
Please don't dress your pet up - unless the clothing is for the animal's benefit e.g. to keep them warm. That means no fancy dress!
How to enter
This category runs differently to the main Young Photographer Awards, so please read the process carefully before you enter. The RSPCA Young Photographer Awards On Instagram 2019 is open for entries between Wednesday, 24 July, 12pm and Monday, 5 August, 9am.
- Upload a pic to your Instagram feed and use #RSPCAYoungPhotographers and #YPALoveAnimals - both hashtags must be used to qualify for entry.
- We will only be able to include your entry if your account is not private.
- Monday, 5 August, 9am - entry closes.
- The top 5 entries will be shortlisted and contacted via direct message.
- Monday, 12 August, 10am - public vote on the shortlisted entries opens on the @official_rspca Instagram page.
- Friday, 16 August, 12pm - public vote closes.
- The winner will be contacted via email and announced on the @official_rspca Instagram page shortly after.
Take a look at the full YPA Instagram terms and conditions (PDF 88.3KB) for entry.
Head over to our @official_rspca Instagram page to enter!