The Instagram category is part of the RSPCA Young Photographer Awards. If you are aged between 13-18 with an Instagram account you can enter your best animal photo for a chance to be a winner. Whether it's a photo of your pet, wildlife or farm animals, we want to see your best animal photography!
How to enter
This category runs differently to the main competition, so please read the process carefully before you enter.
The RSPCA Young Photographer Awards on Instagram is open for entries between Monday 18 July 2022 and Monday 1 August 2022.
- Opens for entries - Monday 18 July 2022. Upload a pic to your Instagram feed and use #RSPCAYoungPhotographers and #YPALoveAnimals. Both hashtags must be used to qualify for entry.
- We'll only be able to include your entry if your account is not private.
- Closes for entries - Monday 1 August 2022 at 9am.
- The top five entries will be shortlisted by us and online influencers and contacted via direct message.
- Public vote opens - Monday 8 August 2022 at 10am and closes on Friday 12 August 2022 at 12pm - public vote on the shortlisted entries opens @RSPCA_Official
- The winner will be contacted via email and announced @RSPCA_Official shortly after the public voting closing date.
We can't wait to see your animal images. We want your winning photos to show animals that are as happy, healthy and safe as they can be, so please take a look at our handy competition guidelines and photo tips before sharing them. We love all animals so your photos can be of pets, wild animals or farm animals.
In the photo, the animal should be:
- Happy and relaxed
- Performing natural behaviour
- Comfortable if/when interacting with people and other animals
- Looking healthy
- In a safe and suitable environment
And finally, please don't dress your pet up - unless the clothing is for the animal's benefit e.g. to keep them warm. That means no fancy dress!
Thanks for entering, and good luck!
The winner is entitled to receive £100 Amazon voucher and a trophy.
Take a look at the full YPA Instagram terms and conditions for entry.