Entries for our Instagram category are now open.
If you're aged between 13-18 with an Instagram account, you can enter your best animal photo for a chance to win £100 worth of vouchers from Amazon.co.uk and an RSPCA Young Photographer Awards trophy. Whether it's a photo of your pet, wildlife or farm animals, we want to see your best animal photography.
How to enter
This category is open for entries between 6 August and 20 August. This category runs differently to the main competition so please read the process below carefully before you enter.
- Upload a pic to your Instagram feed and use #RSPCAYoungPhotographers and #YPALoveAnimals - both hashtags must be used to qualify for entry.
- We will only be able to include your entry if your account is not private.
- Thursday 20 August at 9am - entry closes.
- The top five entries will be shortlisted and contacted via direct message.
- Thursday 27 August - public vote on the shortlisted entries opens on the @Official_RSPCA Instagram page.
- Thursday 3 September at 12pm - public vote closes.
- The winner will be contacted via email and announced on the @Official_RSPCA Instagram page shortly after.
We can't wait to see your animal images. We want your winning photos to show animals that are as happy, healthy and safe as they can be, so please take a look at our handy competition guidelines and photo tips before sharing them. We love all animals so your photos can be of pets, wild animals or farm animals.
In the photo, the animal should be:
- Happy and relaxed
- Performing natural behaviour
- Comfortable if and when interacting with people and other animals
- Looking healthy
- In a safe and suitable environment
And finally, please don't dress your pet up - unless the clothing is for the animal's benefit e.g. to keep them warm. That means no fancy dress.
Take a look at the full YPA Instagram terms and conditions for entry.