Mobile Phone and Devices
Are you always using your mobile phone to take photos? Do you snap photos of wildlife, pets, farm animals around you or maybe underwater creatures? Are you a master of what your mobile phone camera has to offer?
This category is for everyone, whether you’re just starting out or a pro with your camera! There will be three winners announced in this category depending on your age when you enter the competition – Under 12s, 12–15 Years and 16–18 Years.
We’re looking for photos of the animals around you; on the go, quirky and interesting, beautiful or funny. Images that tell a story about an animal and show their characteristics, are simply unusual or maybe just catch your eye in a split second.
If you’re looking for a new hobby or something to do during the summer holidays, then why not give this category a go? If you’re an expert on your trusty mobile or wanting to learn more – head out and capture a moment with the wildlife or animals around you.
See if you can really understand all the settings your mobile camera has to offer. Maybe a gentle filter would lift the image you’ve taken, but avoid overusing filters and apps to perfect your images too much, as we would prefer to see natural photos. Have some fun getting the best out of your mobile phone!
Even if you’ve never taken a photo before, why not give it a go and get snapping?
It doesn’t matter whether it’s in your garden, local park or on holiday abroad – there are animals all around you. When you’re thinking about what you’d like to photograph, consider these ideas:
- Location – is there a certain location you really like? This could be anywhere you go to see wildlife, pets or farm animals.
- Animal – do you love a particular wild animal or have a favourite pet that you’d really like to photograph? Maybe you like watching birds in flight, or do spiders and insects fascinate you?
- Theme – is there an idea or theme you’d like to focus on, for example animals in or near water?
- Mood – you can create a variety of moods or atmospheres, depending on how you take the photo. Try taking photos at different times of the day and in different weather conditions.
- Underwater – if your phone is water resistant or you have a protective case then you may be able to try out underwater photos. Please ensure you check your phone’s underwater capability and the casing you use beforehand.
When you’re out and about trying to get the perfect shot, don't ever put your safety at risk.
Entering the competition
So, if you're aged 18 or under (there's no lower age limit!) you can enter up to five photos in this category. Don't forget to tell us a bit about the photo – where you took it, why you like the animal and why you think your photo stands out – in 80 words or fewer.
Please note, you cannot submit camera photos into this category, they will be disqualified. If you have captured a great shot on your phone enter it into our Mobile Phone and Devices category instead.