How do you create the perfect portfolio?
- Select a subject or theme that will give you lots of different photos. Take several shots so you can choose five images that work well together.
- Plan ahead and imagine your subject in as many situations as you can, then work out how to take these photos. Look out for photo opportunities of your subject exhibiting interesting behaviour in its own habitat.
- Take both landscape and portrait shots, change your point of view and take photos at various times during the day so the light is different.
- Select photos that tell a story; perhaps showing the animal up close, asleep, active, feeding and playing.
- Experiment with different combinations of photos and don’t be afraid to ask someone else’s opinion before you make the final selection.